Accident can happen anytime, anywhere.If you know how to handle a dental emergency, you can help save your child's tooth from being damaged. If dental Emergencies happen, it is important to take your child to a Dentist or a Trauma centre as soon as possible.
Tips for dealing with dental Emergencies.
* Keep a knocked- out tooth moist at all times.
If possible, place the tooth back into its socket without touching the root ; if not , place it between the child's cheek and gum , or in milk.
Then , visit your dentist right away.
* For a cracked tooth , immediately rinse the mouth with warm water to clean the affected area.
Put a cold compress on the face to keep the swelling down.
* If your child bites the tongue or lip , clean the area gently and apply a cold compress.
* For toothaches, rinse the mouth with warm water.
* Gently use dental floss to remove any food particles caught between teeth.
Do not put aspirin on the aching tooth or gum tissue.
* For object stuck in the mouth , try to gently remove it with a floss pick ; do not try to remove it with sharp or pointed instruments.